Glossary of Terms
From The Islamic Counterterrorism Institute
No doubt, terrorist mullahs are liabilities to their communities!
- a.k.a./aka: Also known as
- FBI: Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Halal: Arabic for permissible [by God] (Arabic: حلال)
- HDPW: Husayn Day "Peace" Walk
- Ibn: Arabic for "son of" (Arabic: إبن)
- Ibnat: Arabic for "daughter of" (Arabic: إبنة)
- ICI: The Islamic Counterterrorism Institute
- Inshallah: Also spelled as insha'Allah. Arabic for God willing (Arabic: إنشاء الله).
- Kafer or Kafir: An Arabic Qur'anic expression, which means "one who rejects God" as in the One God of Abraham, PBUH.
- Kitabi: Arabic for "for follower of the [holy] book." This terms applies to the members of the Jewish and Christian faiths. In Islam, Jews and Christian are considered as "People of the Book."
- PBUH: Peace be upon him/her
- PBUH&HF: Peace be upon him and his family; also, in the case of Imam Mahdi, Peace be upon him and his forefathers.
- PBUH&T: Peace be upon him and them
- PBUT: Peace be upon them