Alavi Foundation openly spreads the message for the Iranian government.
Alavi Foundation is an element in the Iranian regime's propoganda machine in the US.
U.S. law enforcement and intelligence officials believe Alavi and its related institutions are a vehicle through which the clerical Iranian regime achieves the following goals:
- keeps tabs on Iranians residing in the United States
- obtains data about US technology
- promotes Tehran's views on world affairs
- provides gathering places for pro-Iran activists
- channels money to US academics to gain a friendly reading on Iran
"As long as the US government continues to treat different Iranian entities as though they are separate from the state it recognizes as a sponsor of terrorism, the mullah will be free to advance their agenda in the US." —Rachel Ehrenfeld, director of the American Center for Democracy.
Shia Association of Bay Area has received a US $500,000 loan from Alavi Foundation.